The object of this repository is to collect writings by Chris Pressey.
This is complicated by the fact that said writings may be writings per se, such as articles, or may be writings in support of some other thing, such as programming language specifications.
These entries are written in Feedmark format, so in a pinch they can be read directly in a Markdown viewer such as git.catseye.tc, but they are canonically hosted at https://catseye.tc/view/The-Dossier/README.md.
Articles with a published-date are "frozen" and are not expected to be changed (edits will be noted). All other articles are subject to change. In particular, articles marked (U) are considered "under construction".
Articles marked (EXT) are not contained in this repository, they are only linked from here.
Articles Contained Herein
Programming Languages and Programming
- Retrospective on Language Design (Jul 2010)
- Programming Languages as an Artistic Medium (Apr 2013)
- The Aesthetics of Esolangs (Jun 2013)
- An Esolang Reading List (15) (U)
- Some Production Programming Languages (11)
- (EXT) Interview with Daniel Temkin (May 2015)
- (EXT) Bootstrap Zero (RetroChallenge 2015/07)
- Blurry Memories of DOS Programming (May 2017)
- Befunge Silver Jubilee Retrospective (May 2018)
- Some Notes on Proving Programs Correct (U)
- A Basic Theory of Video Games (May 2017)
- Perspective on Text Adventures (Aug 2017)
- (EXT) Some Games of Note